COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter a competition you must be: (a) South African resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
2. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Macmillan, Macmillan Ltd or any subsidiary of Macmillan Ltd.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter a competition on Macmillan’s website, will be required to send your entry detailing which competition you wish to enter, together with your name, address and e-mail address by e-mail to: email@example.com. To enter a Twitter competition, you will be required either to send a Twitter reply message to Macmillan (www.twitter.com/PanMacmillanSA) or retweet Macmillan’s competition tweet. These details will be outlined in Macmillan’s competition tweet. To enter a Facebook competition, you will be required to enter at www.facebook.com/PanMacmillanSA by messaging, commenting, sharing or liking our giveaway post as directed in the competition post. To enter an Instagram competition, you will be required to enter at www.instagram.com/PanMacmillanSA by commenting or liking our giveaway post, or tagging us in an Instagram post and/or using a given hashtag in an Instagram post, as directed in the competition post. Any Facebook or Instagram promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are disclosing your information to Macmillan and not to Facebook. By participating in one of our promotions you release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. The prize and method of selecting the winner will be outlined in the competition details, whether on Macmillan’s website or social networks.
8. The opening date and closing date are as specified in each competition, and Macmillan reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
9. If you win a competition, we will notify you by post, e-mail, Twitter or Facebook. If you win a Twitter competition, you may be required to follow Macmillan (www.twitter.com/PanMacmillanSA) on Twitter in order to send your contact details via DM. Thereafter, you may choose to unfollow Macmillan’s Twitter account. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after the closing date.
11. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Macmillan may require.
12. The panel of judges for each competition will be comprised of members of the marketing team of a relevant department of Pan Macmillan Limited.
13. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
14. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
15. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
16. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
17. This competition is being run by Pan Macmillan Ltd of 34 Whiteley Road, Melrose Arch. (“Macmillan”).
19. Macmillan reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Macmillan may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
20. Macmillan will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
21. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of South Africa.